June 2020 — Watermelon Feta Salad
Cool off on a hot day with a combination of sweet watermelon, sharp arugula, and tangy feta cheese. Great as a side dish, or add grilled chicken to make it a meal!
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 oz. bag of pre-washed baby arugula
- 2 cups of 1″ cubed seedless watermelon
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
- Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion.
- Drizzle salad with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. (Store leftover vinaigrette in the fridge for up to 5 days.) Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Serves 4 as a side dish; 2 as an entree.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten for Food Network.
Image Credit: Food Network