July 2021 — Lemon-Mint Sugar Snap Peas
A tasty summer side dish straight from the garden or the farmer’s market!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh mint (Note: We used fresh spearmint)
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sugar snap peas and sauté over high heat, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for about 5-6 minutes until the peas are tender-crisp and slightly charred or blistering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mint, lemon zest and juice and a pinch of salt.
- Taste and add more salt and/or lemon juice if desired. Serve warm.
Serves 4-6. Recipe adapted from Co-op: Welcome to the Table.