March 2019 — Asian-Inspired Meatballs
Looking for something a little different for an appetizer or dinner? Try these delicious meatballs with an Asian-style flair! High in protein and packed with flavor, they’re sure to please!
For the meatballs:
- 2 lbs. 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly slices green onions
For the sauce:
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients until well-combined. Shape into balls, 1-2 inches in diameter (depending on whether serving as an appetizer or an entree).
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet that’s been covered with parchment paper. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until meatballs are golden on the outside and cooked through the middle.
- While the meatballs cook, whisk the sauce ingredients together until well-blended. Drizzle meatballs with the sauce before serving, with additional sauce on the side for dipping.
- Add optional garnish, such as sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, or sesame seeds.
Makes 24-40 meatballs.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven