February 2018 – Crab and Avocado Salad
Avocado toast is everywhere right now… Try our versatile recipe for a simple dinner, snack, or appetizer!
This simple salad gets a hit of lean protein from crab meat, heart healthy fat from avocado, crunch from jicama, and a burst of flavor from lime and cilantro. You can serve it over lettuce to make it into a meal, or on whole grain crackers or toast.
Serves 2 as a meal, 4-6 as a snack or app.
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) fancy lump or jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup diced jicama (about 1/2 of a large jicama)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt, to taste
- Place crab meat in a sieve to rinse and pick through for any bits of shell.
- In a large bowl, combine crab, diced jicama, diced avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and salt.
- Mix together well, cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Taste and mix again before serving, adding more salt if needed.