April 2018 – Frozen Banana Cream
Don’t let the name fool you… there’s no cream at all in this luscious, healthy dessert!
As the weather turns warmer, we start to crave high-calorie cold treats like ice cream and frozen yogurt. Try this twist for a dessert with no guilt!
- 4 bananas, peeled and frozen solid
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life brand)
- Remove bananas from freezer and allow to thaw 5-10 minutes.
- Add bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon (if using) to a food processor.
- Pulse to chop banana mixture until it is chunky. (You may need to open the machine periodically and move the mixture around.)
- Puree mixture until it is smooth and has the texture of soft serve ice cream.
- Divide into 3-4 bowls and top each with about 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips. Enjoy!
You can also try adding other frozen fruit into the mixture to make different flavors, such as strawberry banana or peach banana!